Saturday, October 29, 2011

FAMILY

Reflecting back in my life, I seem always to recall the most vivid memories from photos my Ma has either taken, kept, found, or some combination of two or three...

This past weekend, Trinity Soccer took some time out of a sometimes hectic schedule to be amongst family. We think of true family being based far deeper than blood and genes. We are a group defined by a great number of common threads within the social fabric that ultimately binds us. We share a commitment to a standard of excellence in who we are, what we give, sacrifices made, what we aim to become, and how we love, honor and respect each other. We are driven and motivated by...inspired by each other.

Rather than recapping this incredibly special event, I'll take a page from my mother (Ma) and show a few photos that'll hopefully better tell a story of what Trinity Soccer is truly about...












Here's a short video of the remarkable young women that we honored at the reception...



As it turns out, these photos tell only a fraction of the tale...

Many faces are not present in this tiny collection, but they are a big part of the story. Seeing 250 Trinity University Faculty, Staff, Student-Athletes, Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Nieces, Cousins, Alumni, Husbands, Wives, Supporters...FAMILY MEMBERS...all gathered in support of the 60-something current players on the men's and women's soccer rosters never ceases to amaze me.

I am so very grateful to God for the blessings in my life...for the opportunity to be a part of this incredible family.

-LK

1 comment: